Vase
Date: 1910
Medium: Fine white earthenware body covered with orange lustre glaze
Dimensions: 10 × 5 5/8 × 5 7/8 in. (25.4 × 14.3 × 14.9 cm)
Credit Line: Acquisition Fund, 1985
Object Number: 1985-68
About: The Ruskin Pottery studio was founded in 1898, run by William Howson Taylor. The name was an affirmation of the tenets of the renowned Victorian art critic and painter John Ruskin. Taylor was responsible for the innovative glazes and brightly colored pots for which the pottery became known. The pottery closed in 1935.
Permalink to this object: http://emuseum.delart.org:8080/emuseum/view/objects/asitem/items$0040:6539